July 26, 2008

my once a year update.

Would you believe that every single day I begin a new post on here? And every single day it gets put off, just like emailing everyone back, exercising, cleaning my floors, brushing the cat, and plucking my eyebrows. Push, push, push - down the list - until the weekend when I have enough time to breathe and start to actually sort through that damn list.

So this morning I woke up at 7:30 am (on a Saturday!) and have been cleaning, doing laundry, brushing the damn cat (got out all the mats though!), and soon I will pluck my eyebrows...

This week has been filled with whole-body exhaustion. I'm not sure if it's emotional, and my overwhelmed feelings are creating the same sensation in my body, or if I'm coming down with something for reals, and my body is screaming for me to "lay the fuck down, already!". In any case, I took on an 8-hour shift today at my new side job, so the laying/listening to my body will have to wait until tomorrow. Go me!

This is what I have on my plate right now:
- Full time job
- Part time school
- Internship, one day a week, with added homework
- Side job (waitressing for a caterer) - varies

I think that's it. Doesn't leave much room for sleeping, cleaning, or doing any of the things that I enjoy doing, like cooking, playing with bean, and going out with friends. But hey, there's always time for that stuff, right? (sigh)

I almost quit my job this week. My boss pushed me to the edge of what I can actually take from another human being (I had to leave for almost an hour to collect myself), and I was all determined to get the fuck out. But then I got scared, because let's face it - the economy sucks, and who knows how long it would be before I could find another job? So I guess I'm stuck there for now...However, my new plan is to document each and every instance that I find unacceptable (swearing, in-my-face yelling, sexual comments, etc) - and copy the 'manager' in the office. That way, if I do find myself needing to quit - maybe I can make a case for unemployment? Who knows.

Saw the X-files movie last night! I don't know if I've posted this before, but I own every season of the x-files, and my senior year college roomie and I watched every episode, in order, in about 6 months. Even though the reviews weren't great - I liked it! I think I'd like anything x-files related, but it was so fun to see some new stuff, and it was a crazy/gross story, so that was fun. Later, the boy went and saw Dark Knight with some friends, I really wanted to go, but the exhaustion got the better of me and I came home and went to bed. Lame-o, I know.

Ok, that's all I've got. I'm tired, kids - but rallying. This Saturday morning promises to help me get back on track!

No comments: